Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Staged Reading- "Sage Advice"- Aug 22nd- 7PM

On Mon, Aug 22 SCTC opens our new staged reading series with my play "Sage Advice". This play will not be for everyone. It goes inside the head of a 22 year old who killed his own baby son. My play seeks motivation for such a heinous act..it is not a 'movie of the week". It is not meant to shock but to gain understanding of the darkness some souls possess. I hope you will come and offer whatever feedback you would like to give as the play moves towards production. Readings help a playwright shape and mold a play. I have been involved with readings like this for 15 plus years. I have had my plays read in theatres in NY and Philadelphia among other places. My goal at SCTC is to bring you deeper into the theatrical process. As a playwright driven theatre we will always be focused on the script. Most theatres don't open readings up to the public. We will. We hope you will join us as this will be the first of a series of readings. This is a free event with all seating on a "first come" basis. The next plays and dates in the series will be announced shortly. Please come.

No comments: