Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

James Franco visits Hotel Elysee where Tennessee Williams Died

This Sunday, James Franco will be in the room in NY where Williams died in an artistic seance as part of a longer afternoon dedicated to Tennessee Williams. I wanted to mention this as I also have stayed in that room. My director and I were guests in that room on the 20th anniversary of his death following a fully staged reading of my play "Tennessee's Final Curtain" which will celebrate it's world premiere at SCTC in February. The reading was in the hotel's main room. That night, Nicole Lerario and I drank a bottle of wine and read from "The Glass Menagerie" on the spot the great man died 20 years before. This was in 2003. I find it fascinating that Franco would be in the room as well as we all celebrate his 100th birthday. SCTC is on the edge and my play in February will give you your chance to be in his room on the night he died, surrounded by his ghosts and demons that made him the incredible writer he was. NY is sold out this Sunday but you can get tickets now for my play. Don't be left out! We closed our "Summer" with three sold out shows. More on the show in NYC here

No comments: