Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Remembering Howard Zinn



I just recieved a call from my friend Mike McAteer in LA that Howard Zinn died an hour ago in Santa Monica, CA. Professor Zinn was a world respected writer and testified in support of the Camden 28 and Michael Doyle in the early 1970's. I am going to LA in two weeks to be a part of a production of his play "Marx In Soho" that Bob Weick brought to SCTC so brilliantly two years ago. Only 3 weeks ago Howard sent me a check for SCTC to help us buy our lighting system. Howard's passing is a tragedy for not just us but for the nation. A true voice of truth and peace has been lost. I am still going to LA for the play on 2-13. The play will now be in memorial of this giant of American literature and culture. A giant of a man whose voice help stop the Vietnam War and who's book, "A People's History Of the US" will resonate with all us forever. The " moving train" has stopped sir, you deserve your rest. You will be greatly missed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will see you to celebrate the man in LA