Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Please take your seat

I just got home from the theatre where eight of us spent the morning putting half of the new seats into the space. We now have 46 seats installed with more to be done this coming week. At around 12:30 PM, I was finally able, after years and years of planning and hard work by so many people, to take a seat in the front row of the new theatre. It was an unbelievable feeling to be sitting in a front row seat looking onto a stage where dreams really can come true. I looked up into the three stories of space over the stage and realized that this could be the only 96 seat venue anywhere that has such a large stage with such a small house. I kept looking up, to just maybe see the angel that was the inspiration for me writing in the first place [from the play Angels in America]. After a few seconds, I turned and looked around me. When I did, I saw many angels, hard at work, who had already landed. They were laughing, putting in sound, putting in seats and with one special angel taking pictures of it all happening. Angels have come to earth at 4th and Jasper. It's getting so close..................

No comments: