Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Watching Act II...three weeks until "Last Rites"

I decided to stop by the theatre last night and catch up on rehearsals for the second act of my play 'Last Rites". Watching these incredible actors work [led by director Chris "Jumbo" Schimpf] ended up keeping me at the theatre much later than I had intended. The combination of the play, performance and space was truly coming together. Watching the scenes set in the bar in a seat ON THE SITE OF WALT'S CAFE was an incredible experience for me. A moment that I had dreamed about for years and now was playing out. There is much more work to do, but, as many have told me along the way, there are moments one needs to take in, enjoy and appreciate. This was one of them.

Three weeks from tonight, the brand new Waterfront South Theatre will open with this, the play that started it all. Please go online and order tickets and join us during our four weeks of performances. The past, alive in the present, is our future.

No comments: