Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Friday, January 21, 2011

2 Weeks until the "Wait for Lefty" is over

A long time ago a wise theatre friend told me that "90% of a successful play is great casting". I am working with one of the most talented and driven casts I have ever directed who will bring "Waiting for Lefty" to you. This play, depicting scenes from life during the Great Depression set during a union meeting, is so incredibly relevant today. Every night in rehearsal we discover unfortunate parallels to our country and state right now. I received a call from a reporter this week asking how I was bringing a play set in 1935 into 2011 as I state in our press release. "You'll need to come see it for yourself" was my reply. We have two more weeks of hard work ahead of us to bring Odets' classic play to you. We all look forward to the hard work and bringing this seldom produced play to Waterfront South at a time when employment issues are so prominent in our own backyard. Please join us as we work and "wait".

No comments: