Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The passing of a great friend and fine actor


I am so sad to report the passing of a dear friend to me and SCTC, Gene Luyster, who died Thursday evening. Gene played "Felix" in my play "Indoor Picnic" as well as the elderly man in my one act "Waiting Tables" during "Youth In America". Running a theatre can be chaotic at times and, anytime I felt some heat, when Gene was in a show he would just smile, laugh, and say "isn't running a theatre beautiful?" Gene left a huge mark on this company professionally and, more important, personally on everyone's heart at SCTC. We all send our sincere condolences to his wife Jane and family and many, many, many, MANY friends who are sad today. Felix.... "We'll leave the porchlight on" for you.

No comments: