Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Trenton Rally...Power of Theatre

I was in Trenton today in support of the WI and NJ workers and against their governor and ours. I got off the train and a man from the CWA asked me what union I worked for and asked if I was there for the rally. I told him I was not in a union and ran SCTC in Camden. He looked at me and shouted "You're the guy that did "Waiting For Lefty"! He said he knew all about SCTC and the play and was sorry he missed it. He grabbed my hand in a firm shake and we walked up Mill Hill towards the statehouse. I then stood with firemen from Jersey City, teachers from West Windsor and electricians from Rahway as we all "pledged allegiance" together. Theatre has real power and so do we all as citizens. Stand up and fight for what you believe in. You never know who you are affecting.

No comments: