Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

That Championship Season

Just back from NY seeing "Season". All I can say is Go...go...go! This incredible top shelf cast [having an amazingly good time together, btw] is only one reason to see this Pulitzer Prize winning play on the big stage on Broadway. Another is Gregory Mosher's poignant and intelligent direction which mines every bit of humor and lets you watch these overgrown boys deal with the problems of the men they have become. Another incredibly special moment for me was getting to meet Jason Patric backstage after as I was privileged to know his father, the writer of the play, Jason Miller. We both had tears in our eyes as I told him of the last night I saw his dad at Dirty Frank's in Philly and I gave him my framed program with a cool pic of Jason Miller dressed as John Barrymore in his play "Barrymore's Ghost". And...what a performance he gives as "Tom". "Season" runs until the end of May. Don't miss it.....I can't tell you enough how much you would regret it if you don't catch "Coach" and the "boys".

No comments: