Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bringing Eugene O'Neill to Camden


O'Neill's 'Moon" rises in 2 1/2 weeks at SCTC and last night gave me an opportunity to watch my first rehearsal. The director and cast have been working for weeks and the play is preparing itself to come to life. Something I really grasped onto last night was the comedy of O'Neill. Known for his deep, personal dramas [ of which this is one] most of us don't know how ironically funny his plays are [in parts] as well. Watching last night's first act brought me to this other side of the man...and...starts us in a higher place to fall as do his characters. Don't miss SCTC's "A Moon for the Misbegotten" starting on April 29th. Now if I could only find a picture of him laughing.....

No comments: