Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mixed Blend



Watched last night "Moon" rehearsal from a barstool in what was my grandpop's bar, "Walt's Cafe", now Waterfront South Theatre.. As I watched the beauty, infused by Hogan's whiskey and Tyrone's thirst for it, I felt the world of the past and present combine. I saw this beautiful play [opening tomorrow night] where redemption is sought and the ghosts of the past are never far seated in a place where many of my own personal ghosts reside. I watched O'Neill from a stool in a bar filled with the ghosts of shipbuilders, who, on many an occasion, had their own such amber fueled epiphanies. "A Moon for the Misbegotten" gives you the chance to see what made O'Neill the legend that he is. It lets you feel the past...in the present...into the future; the theme of SCTC's current season as it comes closer and closer to ending. So...come and drink in the language of this great man in a great production. See you in Waterfront South.

No comments: