Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Floating with the wind

I was just getting ready to meet my friend, playwright Gail Phaneuf for lunch when I looked out the window to the harbor and just above my head was a gull, motionless except for the wind propelling it wherever it took him. He chose not to fly, instead just let the wind push him wherever it wanted. It was a purely majestic sight and I realized that, at times, we must all just let the winds of life take us where they lead. I had to use my effort to get up here but since then I have been letting the winds lead me where they will. As the festival draws to a close and I head back home I intend to let the wind take me more and more as majesty is there for all of us if we trust in it. Provincetown is a magical place. I feel O'Neill's and Tennessee's energy everywhere. En avant!

No comments: