Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Walt's Cafe reborn!

Today, thanks to my cousins Suzanne Metzgar and Rob Derowski, I picked up the cash register that my grandfather used during the days of Walt's Cafe from 1928 to 1968. We carried it back into the bar, now theatre, and rang up a sale where for so many years my grandfather rang up the sales of shipbuilder after shipbuilder. The register will be used onstage in my play "Last Rites" which opens next Friday. Bringing it back into the building was yet another emotional moment in this long journey. We have a long rehearsal tomorrow getting ready to bring the past back to life in the present. Please come to Camden over the four week run to see "Last Rites". And...while you are there.....take a real close look at that register to see how cheap beer was back in my grandpop's day! En avant!

No comments: