Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Of P'Town, Tennessee Williams and Jupiter

So, I was privileged to be in the audience tonight for Tennessee Williams' "Orpheus Descending" at the Tennessee Williams Festival in Provincetown, MA. It was a remarkable night as I was in Tenn's sometime home, seeing one of his incredibly intense and poetic plays, in a production produced by my friend Beth Bartley that was incredible. I mention Jupiter in the title since, on my way to the theatre, a man next to me told me to look up and see Jupiter as close as it would be for the next twenty years. This bright light next to a full moon cast a beautiful blue-green light as the tide gently washed ashore as we were preparing for an evening of Tennessee Williams.

Never lose sight of what theatre truly can be. A chance to see a rare manifestation on a random night because we venture out and see a work of a master. This is a magical place and I have just witnessed true magic on this earth. Art WILL save us.

No comments: