Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Monday, September 12, 2011

"A bottle of wine as an hourglass....."

At the staged reading of my play "Tennessee's Final Curtain" on the 20th anniversary of Tennessee's death at the Hotel Elysee in NY, a man who id'd himself to me as one of Tennessee's last lovers, asked me if I knew how he wrote. When I said I did not he told me that Tennessee would wake up, have a bottle of red wine opened for him [his arthritis was bad in his later years] and he would sit at a typewriter and write. Every day. When he had emptied the bottle, his day of writing was over and it was time for gathering with some of his many "companions" for the remainder. I truly love Tennessee Williams and have spent years speaking to his friends, reading everything I could find, and learning as much as I can of his work. Throughout this season I will share these gems of information that have been shared with me...with you. Do not miss this season. Waterfront South is a special place to be. En avant!

No comments: