Become a fan of South Camden Theatre Company!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Winging back to Camden and saying goodbye [for now] to Tennessee Williams

Another amazing thing happened as we took off into the blue, clear Key West sky headed north . As I adjusted my earphones [badly as I am prone to do], I heard Dick Haymes singing "Blue Skies" on the XM radio. This is very special as it is Dick Haymes' version of "I'll Get By" that opens my play "Last Rites". Because of the song's message, I wrote the opening song into the script years ago and now, hearing his velvety baritone voice as we left Key West, I realized that it was in Camden I needed to be as Waterfront South Theatre's opening of my play was now only 76 days away. My week visiting with Tennessee was over and it was now time to get back to work. It is time for a new theatre to be born in a section of Camden that is crying to be healed. You have the same opportunity to hear your own siren leading you home starting September 10th. Come see what all of the excitement is about. Come back to Camden and join us.

No comments: